from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A number, such as 3 or 11 or 412, used in counting to indicate quantity but not order.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A number used to denote quantity; a counting number.
- n. A generalized kind of number used to denote the size of a set, including infinite sets.
- n. A word that expresses a countable quantity; a cardinal numeral.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the number of elements in a mathematical set; denotes a quantity but not the order
Sorry, no etymologies found.