from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Small or compact enough to be carried aboard and stowed on an airplane, train, or bus by a passenger: carry-on luggage.
- n. A carry-on bag, suitcase, or other item.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Taken onto an airplane with a passenger, rather than checked.
- n. That luggage or baggage which is taken onto an airplane with a passenger, rather than checked.
- n. An activity that is done in an excessively excitable, or anxious manner.
Sorry, no etymologies found.