from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of ketchup.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A variant of catsup or ketchup.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pureed table sauce made predominantly from tomatoes, flavored with onions, sugar, salt and spices; called also tomato ketchup. The term is also applied to pureed sauces containing mushrooms, walnuts, etc., being called in such cases mushroom ketchup, walnut ketchup, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name common to several kinds of sauce much used with meat, fish, toasted cheese, etc. Also written catsup, katsup.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. learn belatedly; find out about something after it happened
- v. reach the point where one should be after a delay
Sorry, no etymologies found.