from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of caiman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of caiman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The south America alligator. See alligator.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name applied popularly to the alligators of the West Indies and South America, but properly only to Crocodilus or Caiman palpebrosus and C. trigonatus (Cuvier). See alligator.
- n. A gobioid fish, Dormitator maculatus, found in great abundance on both coasts of America.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a semiaquatic reptile of Central and South America that resembles an alligator but has a more heavily armored belly
Sorry, no etymologies found.