from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A yellow mineral, essentially CuFeS2, that is an important ore of copper. Also called copper pyrites.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A yellow mineral that is a mixed sulfide of copper and iron, with the chemical formula CuFeS2.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Copper pyrites, or yellow copper ore; a common ore of copper, containing copper, iron, and sulphur. It occurs massive and in tetragonal crystals of a bright brass yellow color.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Copper pyrites, or yellow copper ore.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a yellow copper ore (CuFeS2) made up of copper and iron sulfide
New Latin chalcopyrites : Greek khalkos, copper + pyrites.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)