from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Designed to resist tampering by young children: a childproof aspirin bottle.
- adj. Made safe for young children, as by the removal or alteration of potential hazards: a childproof kitchen.
- transitive v. To make childproof: childproof a house.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Designed to be unable for a child to use, operate, or open.
- adj. Made safe for children.
- adj. Made safe from children; resistant to damage by children.
- v. To make something childproof.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make safe against children
From child + -proof (Wiktionary)