from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Located or found in one of the Polar Regions.
- adj. Astronomy Denoting a star that from a given observer's latitude does not go below the horizon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Located or found throughout a polar region.
- adj. Of a celestial body, continually visible above the horizon during the entire 360 degrees of daily travel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. About the pole; -- applied to stars that revolve around the pole without setting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Surrounding one of the poles of the earth or of the heavens: as, a circumpolar sea; circumpolar stars.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a celestial body) continually visible above the horizon during the entire 360 degrees of daily travel
- adj. located or found throughout a polar region
Sorry, no etymologies found.