from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A highway interchange at which two highways, one crossing over the other, have a series of entrance and exit ramps resembling the outline of a four-leaf clover and enabling vehicles to proceed in either direction on either highway.
- adj. Resembling or shaped like a leaf of the clover plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In the form of the leaf of a clover plant; cloverleafed.
- n. The leaf of a clover plant
- n. (with plural cloverleafs or cloverleaves) A cloverleaf interchange.
- v. To turn by following a cloverleaf, or as if by following one.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a highway interchange between two roads in which the connecting road pattern resembles a four-leaf clover, and which allows moving from one road to another without left-hand turns. One road passes over the other, and the exit from one highway and entrance into the second highway proceeds from the right-hand lane in all directions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The leaf of clover; a trefoil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an interchange that does not require left-hand turns
Sorry, no etymologies found.