from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A blue to green pigment consisting of a variable mixture of cobalt oxide and alumina.
- n. A moderate to deep vivid blue or greenish blue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a deep blue pigment derived from cobalt; zaffre
- adj. The color of the pigment zaffre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a dark blue pigment consisting of some salt of cobalt, as the phosphate, ignited with alumina; -- called also cobalt ultramarine, and Thenard's blue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. greenish-blue pigment consisting essentially of cobalt oxide and alumina
- n. a shade of blue tinged with green
Sorry, no etymologies found.