from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of cock-up.
- n. A hat or cap worn turned up in front.
- n. A large edible fish of India (Lates calcarifer); the begti.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large, highly esteemed, edible fish of India (Lates calcarifer); -- also called begti.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In printing, having the top much above the top line of the other letters of the text: applied to a large type used for the initial letter of the first word of a volume, part, book, or chapter.
- n. A serranoid fish, Lates calcarifer, of the seas, back-waters, and mouths of rivers of India and neighboring countries.
- n. An old form of hat with the brim much turned up in front.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. raise
- n. something badly botched or muddled
Sorry, no etymologies found.