from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of collimating or something collimated
- n. aligning lenses along line of sight to minimize aberrations
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of collimating; the adjustment of the line of the sights, as the axial line of the telescope of an instrument, into its proper position relative to the other parts of the instrument.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The accurate adjustment of the line of sight of a telescope.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the accurate adjustment of the line of sight of a telescope
Sorry, no etymologies found.