from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of mixing or blending together; commingling.
- n. The blending (of wines, etc.); garbling.
- n. coition; copulation; sexual intercourse.
- n. commixture; a commixed condition or state.
- n. A mixture; a compound.
- n. A technical term in Roman and Scottish law denoting a method of acquiring property by mixing or blending substances belonging to different proprietors.
- n. The putting of a small piece of the host into the chalice during Mass, typifying the reunion of body and soul at the resurrection.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Commixture; mingling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Mixture; a blending, uniting, or combining of different ingredients in one mass or compound.
- n. In Scots law, the blending of substances belonging to different proprietors, as two parcels of corn, giving rise to certain questions regarding rights of property.
Sorry, no etymologies found.