from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of sound mind; sane.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of sound mind, sane.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Sane in mind; being of sound mind, memory, and understanding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of sound mind. See non compos mentis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of sound mind, memory, and understanding; in law, competent to go to trial
Latin : compos, having mastery of + mentis, genitive of mēns, mind.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)