from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Acceptable or permissible according to conscience: "Ignoring [disadvantaged minorities] is no more conscionable today than it was in the riot-scorched America of 20 years ago” ( Christian Science Monitor).
- adj. Conscientious; principled.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In accordance with conscience; defensible; proper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Governed by, or according to, conscience; reasonable; just.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Governed by conscience; conscientious.
- Conformable to conscience; consonant with right or duty; proper; just.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. acceptable to your conscience
Obsolete conscions (variant of conscience) + -able.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)