from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who adheres to the philosophy of constitutionalism.
- adj. Of or relating to constitutionalism or its adherents.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who advocates a constitutional form of government; a constitutionalist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A supporter of the existing constitution of government.
- n. An advocate of constitutionalism, as opposed to other forms of government.
- n. Specifically A framer or an advocate of the French Constitution of 1791.
- n. plural [capitalized] A name assumed by a party in Pennsylvania, about 1787, which favored the retention of the State Constitution of 1776, and opposed the substitution for it of a stronger form of government.
- n. [capitalized] A name assumed by the more moderate faction of the Democratic-Republican party in Pennsylvania during a few years after 1804: opposed to the “Friends of the People” or “Conventionalists.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an advocate of constitutional government
Sorry, no etymologies found.