from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Continuous; uninterrupted; continued without break or interruption.
- adj. Chronic; long-lasting; long-continued.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Immediately united together; intimately connected.
- adj. Uninterrupted; unbroken; continual; continued.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To join closely together.
- Immediately united; closely joined.
- Uninterrupted; unbroken; continuing for an indefinite length of time; continued.
From the past participle of Latin continuare. (Wiktionary)