from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Dextrose obtained from cornstarch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Dextrose, especially originating from corn starch
- n. A deceptive term for high fructose corn syrup developed by corn refiners meant to imply sugar
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. dextrose used as sweetening agent
- n. dextrose made by hydrolysis of cornstarch
corn + sugar (Wiktionary)