from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An error to be corrected, especially a printer's error.
- n. A list of errors in a book along with their corrections.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An error that is to be corrected in a printed work after publication.
- n. A list of errors in a printed work as a separate page of corrections, known as an errata page.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fault or error to be corrected.
- n. A correction of an error, especially in a printed document.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Something, especially a word or phrase in print, that is to be corrected or altered.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a printer's error; to be corrected
Latin, neuter gerundive of corrigere, to correct; see correct.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin corrigendum, nominative neuter singular of corrigendus, the future passive participle (gerundive) of corrigō ("I correct"). (Wiktionary)