from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a council, as one convened to advise a governor. See Usage Note at council.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Member of a council, especially a city council, as a gender-free term replacing councilman and councilwoman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A member of a council.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a council; specifically, a member of a common council or of the British Privy Council. See council.
- n. One who gives counsel or advice.
Sorry, no etymologies found.