from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of crosshatch.
- n. A method of showing shading by means of multiple small lines that intersect.
- n. A method of indicating terrain on a map by using the same technique.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. In drawing and line engraving, shading with lines that cross one another at an angle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In drawing and engraving, the art of hatching or shading by parallel intersecting lines.
Sorry, no etymologies found.