from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who uses, studies, or develops cryptographic systems and writings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who is an expert on creating codes and cyphers. Someone who studies cryptology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who writes in cipher, or secret characters.
- n. one who studies methods for encoding and decoding messages; one who studies cryptography.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. decoder skilled in the analysis of codes and cryptograms
cryptography + -er (Wiktionary)