from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the approximate shape of a cube.
- n. Anatomy A tarsal bone on the outer side of the foot in front of the calcaneus and behind the fourth and fifth metatarsal bones.
- n. Mathematics A rectangular parallelepiped.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of the shape of a cube.
- n. The cuboid bone.
- n. A parallelepiped having six rectangular faces.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Cube-shaped, or nearly so.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling a cube in form.
- n. In anatomy, the outermost bone of the distal row of tarsal bones, or bones of the instep, supporting the heads of the fourth and fifth metatarsal bones: so called from its cubic form in man.
- n. A parallelopiped whose six faces are rectangles.
- n. In anthropology, a cranium, short, high, and wide, of somewhat angular form.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. shaped like a cube
- n. a rectangular parallelepiped
Sorry, no etymologies found.