from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fancy twist or curl, such as a flourish made with a pen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fancy twisting or curling shape made from a series of concentric circles.
- v. To make or adorn (something) with curlicues, or as if with curlicues
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Some thing curled or spiral, as a flourish made with a pen on paper, or with skates on the ice; a trick; a frolicsome caper.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Something fantastically curled or twisted: as, to make a curlicue with the pen; to cut curlicues in skating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a short twisting line
- n. a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
curly + cue1, tail, and possibly cue3.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From curly + cue. (Wiktionary)