from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A form of romantic courtship typically between two individuals with the aim of assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or as a spouse. The result of dating may at any time lead to friendship, any level of intimate relationship, marriage, or no relation.
- n. An estimation of the age of an artifact, biological vestige, linguistic usage, etc.
- n. The setting of a date on which an event or transaction is to take place or take effect.
- v. Present participle of date.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. use of chemical analysis to estimate the age of geological specimens
Sorry, no etymologies found.