from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A polygon with ten angles and ten sides.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A polygon with ten sides and ten angles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plane figure having ten sides and ten angles; any figure having ten angles. A regular decagon is one that has all its sides and angles equal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In geometry, a plane figure having ten sides and ten angles. When all the sides and angles are equal, it is a regular decagon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a polygon with 10 sides and 10 angles
Medieval Latin decagōnum, from Greek dekagōnon, from neuter of dekagōnos, having ten angles : deka, ten.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
deca- + -gon (Wiktionary)