from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, causing, or characterized by degeneration: a degenerative disease.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characterized by or causing degeneration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Undergoing or producing degeneration; tending to degenerate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to degenerate; of the nature of degeneration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of illness) marked by gradual deterioration of organs and cells along with loss of function
degenerate + -ive (Wiktionary)