from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of demons.
- n. Belief in or worship of demons.
- n. A list or catalog of one's enemies: "As the years passed [the magazine's] demonology expanded to include Bolsheviks, radicals, Franklin D. Roosevelt, the New Deal, Government work programs or aid programs of any kind” ( Maggie Nichols).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of demons, especially the incantations required to summon and control them.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A treatise on demons; a supposititious science which treats of demons and their manifestations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A discourse or treatise on demons; an account of evil spirits and their character, agency, etc.
- n. The study of popular superstitions concerning demons or evil spirits.
From demon + -logy. (Wiktionary)