from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having digits or fingerlike projections.
- adj. Botany Having distinct parts arising from a common point or center; palmate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having digits, fingers or things shaped like fingers; fingerlike
- adj. Having parts that spread out from a common point; palmate
- v. To point out as with the finger.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To point out as with the finger.
- adj. Having several leaflets arranged, like the fingers of the hand, at the extremity of a stem or petiole. Also, in general, characterized by digitation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, having deep radiating divisions, like fingers: applied to leaves and roots.
- In zoology, characterized by digitation; having or consisting of a set of processes like digits. Also digitated.
- To point out, as if with a finger.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling a finger
From Latin digitātus (Wiktionary)