from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several carcinogenic or teratogenic heterocyclic hydrocarbons that occur as impurities in petroleum-derived herbicides.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any of a broad range of toxic or carcinogenic halogenated polycyclic compounds that occur as byproducts of herbicides
- n. the parent compound, dibenzo-p-dioxin, in which two benzene rings are connected vio two oxygen atoms; oxanthrene
- n. the unsaturated six-membered heterocycle having four carbon atoms, two oxygen atoms and two double bonds
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several toxic or carcinogenic hydrocarbons that occur as impurities in herbicides
di-1 + ox(o)- + -in.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)