from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of dive.
- n. The action of the verb to dive in any sense.
- n. The sport of jumping head first into water.
- n. The practice of swimming underwater, especially using a scuba system, and especially for recreation.
- n. Of, relating to or used in diving (jumping into water).
- n. Of, relating to or used in diving (swimming underwater).
- adj. That or who dives or dive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. That dives or is used or diving.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an athletic competition that involves diving into water
- n. a headlong plunge into water
Sorry, no etymologies found.