from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Going to or making appeals at residences, as when selling or canvassing: a door-to-door sales representative.
- adj. Delivered directly from a store or business to a residence: promised door-to-door delivery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Going from house to house, when selling, delivering or asking for something.
- adj. Sent or delivered from a store or factory directly to a house.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. direct without intermediate changes of vehicle; -- of e.g. journeys or deliveries.
- adj. omitting no one; from the door of one house to that of the next.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. omitting no one; from the door of one house to that of the next
- adj. (of e.g. journeys or deliveries) direct from point of origin to point of destination
Sorry, no etymologies found.