from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In the direction in which the wind blows.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. in the same direction as the wind is blowing
- adv. positioned relative to something in such a way that it can be smelled in the wind
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. on the side or in the direction away from the direction from which the wind is blowing; in the direction toward which the wind is blowing. Opposite of
upwind, and windward.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. away from the wind
- adj. towards the side away from the wind
- adv. with the wind; in the direction the wind is blowing
down- + wind (Wiktionary)