from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several tropical plants of the genera Dracaena and Cordyline, some species of which are cultivated as house plants for their decorative foliage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the genus Dracaena of liliaceous plants with woody stems and funnel-shaped flowers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of liliaceous plants with woody stems and funnel-shaped flowers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of liliaceous trees, natives of the tropical regions of Africa, Asia, and Polynesia, including about 35 species.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an agave that is often cultivated for its decorative foliage
Late Latin, female dragon, from Greek drakaina, feminine of drakōn, serpent; see dragon.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin (Wiktionary)