from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An open four-wheeled horse-drawn carriage formerly used in Russia and Poland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An open horse-drawn carriage, especially in Russia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. same as drosky.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of light four wheeled carriage used in Russia and Prussia.
- n. A very low four-wheeled carriage of the cabriolet type.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an open horse-drawn carriage with four wheels; formerly used in Poland and Russia
Russian drozhki, diminutive of drogi, wagon, pl. of droga, shaft of a wagon.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Russian дрожки, plural diminutive of дроги ("wagon, hearse"), plural of дрога ("centre pole of a carriage") (Wiktionary)