from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sturdy, often blue denim fabric.
- n. Trousers or overalls made of sturdy denim fabric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Heavy denim fabric, often blue; blue jean material.
- n. Pants or overalls made from such fabric.
- n. Attributive form of dungarees
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A coarse kind of unbleached cotton fabric; blue denim.
- n. Trousers, overalls or similar work clothes made of blue denim.
- n. Same as blue jeans.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A coarse cotton stuff, generally blue, worn by sailors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a coarse durable twill-weave cotton fabric
Hindi duṁgrī.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Hindi (dungri, "coarse calico"), from the name of a village. (Wiktionary)