from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Salary or wages.
- n.pl. Business profits.
- n.pl. Gains from investments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. wages, money earned, income
- n. business profits
- n. gains on investments; returns
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)
- n. something that remunerates
From earn (Wiktionary)