from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of the Athenian Ecclesia
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An ecclesiastic.
- n. The Apocryphal book of Ecclesiasticus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ecclesiastic; one who addresses the church or assembly of the faithful; a preacher or sacred orator; specifically, with the definite article, Coheleth, or the Preacher—that is, Solomon, or the author of the book of Ecclesiastes.
- n. [capitalized] Ecclesiasticus.
- n. A member of the ancient Greek ecclesia; a free Greek citizen having the right to vote in the ecclesia or assembly.
Sorry, no etymologies found.