from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To kill with electricity: a worker who was electrocuted by a high-tension wire.
- transitive v. To execute (a condemned prisoner) by means of electricity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cause death from immediate complications resulting from electric shock.
- v. To inflict a severe electric shock, not necessarily fatally.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To execute or put to death by electricity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See electricute, electricution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. kill by electric shock
- v. kill by electrocution, as in the electric chair
electro- + (exe)cute.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
electro- + (exe)cute (Wiktionary)