from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make beloved or very sympathetic: a couple whose kindness endeared them to friends.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make dear or beloved.
- transitive v. To raise the price or cost of; to make costly or expensive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make dear in feeling; render valued or beloved; attach; bind by ties of affection.
- To engage by attractive qualities; win by endearment.
- To make dear or costly; raise the price of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make attractive or lovable
From en- + dear. (Wiktionary)