from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A change within an intrusive igneous rock caused by the assimilation of portions of the surrounding rock.
- n. A homomorphism that maps a mathematical system into itself.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The assimilation of surrounding rock by an intrusive igneous rock
- n. A homomorphism that maps a system to itself
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In petrography, changes brought about within the mass of an intrusive igneous rock by contact with the intruded rock.
endo- + -morphism (Wiktionary)