from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A critical or analytical study, evaluation, or summing up, especially of a medical case history.
- n. A quotation followed by a commentary.
- n. A commentary or annotation of a text.
- n. A Roman census in Egypt related to the determination of liability for poll tax.
- n. Something that follows a crisis; a secondary crisis, especially of a disease.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Methodical or critical judgment of a passage or work, with discussion of a question or questions arising from its consideration.
- n. An annotation or a treatise embodying such discussion or judgment; a critical note, criticism, or review.
- n. A secondary crisis in an infectious disease.
From Ancient Greek ἐπίκρισις (epikrisis, "determination, decision; judgment, award") (Wiktionary)
epi- + crisis (Wiktionary)