from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Derivation of a name of a city, country, era, institution, or other place or thing from that of a person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The semantic relation of eponyms; the quality of being eponymous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The derivation of the name of a race, tribe, etc., from that of a fabulous hero, progenitor, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office, dignity, or prerogatives of an eponymos.
- n. The period or year of office of an eponymos: used, as at Athens, as a unit of reckoning and reference for dates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the derivation of a general name from that of a famous person
Sorry, no etymologies found.