from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Serving or intended to explain: an explanatory paragraph.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Intended to serve as an explanation.
- adj. Disposed to explain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Serving to explain; containing explanation; as explanatory notes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Serving to explain; containing explanation; of the nature of explanation: as, explanatory notes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. serving or intended to explain or make clear
Sorry, no etymologies found.