from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A substance added to another substance to modify, dilute, or adulterate it: meat loaf that contained oatmeal as an extender.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various substances designed to extend any of several properties of a material.
- n. Any of various components designed to extend the length of a device.
- n. Another term for runner or quick-draw. (from sense #2)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, extends or stretches anything.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which extends or stretches.
- n. A surveyor; one who appraises landed property.
extend + -er (Wiktionary)