from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The exudation of blood, lymph or urine from a vessel into the tissues.
- n. The eruption of molten lava from a volcanic vent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of forcing or letting out of its proper vessels or ducts, as a fluid; effusion.
- n. The issue of lava and other volcanic products from the earth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The effusion of an animal fluid into the tissues surrounding its proper vessel, from which it has escaped in consequence of rupture or morbid permeability: as, extravasation of blood or of urine.
- n. In geology, the protrusion of molten lava, either primarily from interior reservoirs, or locally from the interior of an uncongealed flow, through cracks in its hardened crust.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an extravasated liquid (blood or lymph or urine); the product of extravasation
- n. (of volcanos) pouring out fumes or lava (or a deposit so formed)
- n. the process of exuding or passing out of a vessel into surrounding tissues; said of blood or lymph or urine
Sorry, no etymologies found.