from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Starchy sediment extracted from plants, especially those which are used as food.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The nutritious part of wheat; starch or farina; -- called also amylaceous fecula.
- n. The green matter of plants; chlorophyll.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Starch; any form of starch obtained as a sediment by washing in water the comminuted roots, grains, or other parts of plants. See starch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. excreta (especially of insects)
From Latin faecula, diminutive of faex ("residue, dregs"). (Wiktionary)