from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A five-dollar bill.
- n. Chiefly British Informal A five-pound note.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A banknote with a value of five units of currency.
- n. By extension: the value in money that this represents.
- n. A clenched fist.
- n. A mathematical puzzle played on a 5x5 grid.
- n. A Zaydi Shiite Muslim, who disagrees with the majority of Shiites on the identity of the Fifth Imam.
- n. A person who gives five percent of their income or five hours a week of their time to charity (a reduction of ten percent tithing).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A five-pound or five-dollar note.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a United States bill worth 5 dollars
Sorry, no etymologies found.