from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An open truck bed or trailer with no sides, used to carry large objects such as heavy machinery, cars, or houses.
- n. A railroad flatcar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an open commercial vehicle with no sides; designed to carry heavy or outsize loads
- n. a railway freight car with no sides; a flatcar
- adj. (of a device, such as a scanner or plotter) having a flat bed
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an open truck bed or trailer with no sides; used to carry large heavy objects
- n. freight car without permanent sides or roof
Sorry, no etymologies found.