from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to fluorescence.
- adj. Exhibiting or produced by fluorescence: fluorescent plankton; fluorescent light.
- adj. Glowing as if with fluorescence; vivid: bright fluorescent colors.
- n. A fluorescent lamp.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to fluorescence
- adj. Exhibiting or produced by fluorescence
- adj. Emitting visible light as a result of the excitation of phosphors by ultraviolet photons produced by the passage of an electrical current through an inert gas infused with mercury.
- adj. Glowing as if with fluorescence; vivid
- n. A fluorescent light
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the property of fluorescence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Possessing the property of fluorescence; exhibiting fluorescence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lighting fixture that uses a fluorescent lamp
- adj. brilliantly colored and apparently giving off light
- adj. emitting light during exposure to radiation from an external source
From fluorescence fluor + -escent (Wiktionary)