from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling the leaf of a plant.
- adj. Having leaves or leaflike structures.
- adj. Geology Consisting of thin, leaflike layers, as of minerals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Resembling a leaf or leaves, leaflike.
- adj. Bearing leaves.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to, or having the texture or nature of, a leaf; having leaves intermixed with flowers.
- adj. Consisting of leaves or thin laminæ; having the form of a leaf or plate.
- adj. Leaflike in form or mode of growth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Being or resembling a leaf.
- In botany, having the texture or form of a leaf; bearing leaves; leafy.
- In zoology, having parts or processes like leaves; ramifying like a leafy branch; foliate; expanded and thin, but not flat. Also frondose.
- Consisting of thin laminæ; having the form of a leaf or plate: as, foliaceous spar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (especially of metamorphic rock) having thin leaflike layers or strata
- adj. of or pertaining to or resembling the leaf of a plant
- adj. bearing numerous leaves
From Latin foliāceus, from folium, leaf; see folium.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)